Thursday, January 10, 2013

Deadbeats' Road Trip

Dear Dr. Sadie,

This is what I get for being a good person. About 6 months ago, my brother and his girlfriend, both high school dropouts and neither of whom can seem to hold a job for more than a few weeks, begged me to let them stay with me for a few weeks, "just until they can get back on their feet." Predictably, a few weeks turned into several months. This morning, I woke up to get ready for work, and I found that they had stolen my television and some other valuables (presumably to hock for cash), and they'd taken my car. There's a note on the table that says, "gone to Vegas, don't wait up."

What do I do now?

- Sucker

I think you should go to a car sale and get another car, and you should hide it. You should get another television, and you should hide it somewhere they can't find it.

When you see your brother you should say, "don't take my stuff. You are an awful kid. Do not come back to my house."


No comments:

Post a Comment