Monday, November 28, 2011

Overstayed

Dear Dr Sadie,

My wife and I welcomed our first baby into the family 6 months ago. About the same time, my wife's sister, Martha, had been unemployed for over a year and was about to lose her apartment. We proposed that she move into our spare room to help out with the baby and get herself reintegrated into society.

It's been 6 months, and she's done nothing but watch soaps, sleep until noon and eat our food. She is no help at all, and she shows no signs of getting her life back on track. I'm afraid that we're stuck with her. My wife won't have the hard conversation with her.

What should I do?

- Sick of the In-Law

You should grow another children. This one will be a boy.

You should write a thank you note to your sister. I don't know what you should say in the note.

You should talk to her. You should say "boom there."

No comments:

Post a Comment