Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The True Meaning of Christmas

Dear Dr. Sadie,

Christmas is a very big deal in my family. We always exchange elaborate gifts, and people often try to one-up each other with expensive and unnecessary things. This year, I'd like to suggest that we only give gifts that are more meaningful - handmade gifts, the gift of one's time or services, or a donation to a charity in someone's name. I'm afraid that my family will think I'm being a cheapskate and that they won't see the good in this idea. Any thoughts?

- Not the Grinch

You should give good gifts to people you like and people you love. You could give a chariot. You could think of a really great present, but the Christmas trees are already gone.

Your family might be disappointed with the pictures. They would like pictures of the wall. They would like pictures of a magazine. They would like pictures of a horse.

You should go away to your family. You're not nice to them. You think like the Grinch. The Grinch thinks Christmas is bad and so do you. I think your family really wants chocolate and scooters for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment