Thursday, January 26, 2012

Broken Hearts, Broken China

Dear Dr. Sadie,

Last month, while I was visiting my elderly grandmother, I accidentally broke an expensive gravy boat. No one was around, so I swept up the pieces and threw them away. I neglected to mention my transgression to anyone.

Last week, my grandmother discovered its absence. She thinks that her cleaning lady stole it. The cleaning lady, of course, denies any knowledge of the incident, and my grandmother is threatening to fire her and call the police. If I come clean, my grandmother might be very upset with me, and I don't know how much time we have together left.

What should I do?

- Heart (and boat) Broken

You should go to the store and get another gravy boat. You should try to sneak it back into the house without grandma knowing.

I once broke something that belonged to Dada. It was a little plastic thing. I said I was sorry, and it was OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment