Thursday, August 23, 2012

Baby Blues

Dear Dr. Sadie,

My sister and I have always been close. We even moved to the same town 3 years ago - primarily to be near each other, but also to be away from our toxic mother, who is fine in small doses, but not in big ones.

Everything is fine, except that my sister is 8 1/2 months pregnant with her first child. She has asked Mom to come and stay with her for 3 months after the baby is born. I want to be there for my sister when she needs me, but I don't know if I can spend that much time with Mom. What should I do?

- Sister with a Toxic Mom

I think you should get some olives. Maybe your mother likes olives. Then you can all eat the olives together, and you will like each other more. If that doesn't work, then you should stay away from the house with the baby in it. Then you won't have to see your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment