Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Where's the Beef?

Dear Dr. Sadie,

I am 15 years old. In my school, we studied the agricultural industry, and, as a result, I want to become a vegetarian. I told my parents this, and they laughed at me. They called it a "phase," and told me to "let us know when you outgrow your idealism." They are refusing to prepare vegetarian meals for me, saying that I'll have to make my own meals if I want to go on a "crazy diet."

I am sincere. I can't believe the conditions they make these animals live in. I don't know how anyone can eat meat knowing about this.

How can I convince them to support me in this?

- Thinking of Going Vegan, Too

Maybe you should try making your own meals for school lunch, and your own meals for dinner and your own meals for breakfast. You could make a salad without any meat in it.

You could also try tricking your parents with vegetarian meat. When they eat it and see that it's good, you can tell them that they are eating vegetarian, too.

We eat a lot of vegetarian meals in my house. My parents are vegetarian, but I'm not. We eat a lot of eggs, and I like that. I also like to eat dolmas. It's my favorite food. Dolmas are grape leaves rolled in olive oil with rice stuffed in the middle. You could also eat vegetarian sandwiches, like peanut butter and jelly or hummos with avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment