Saturday, February 15, 2014

Matching Doggie Bowls?

Dear Dr. Sadie,

I have an aunt who's always been a bit eccentric, but truly lovely and harmless. She's a very sweet woman who never got married and never had kids. She's very maternal, and was a wonderful aunt to all of us while we were growing up. She has focused most of her energy on her dogs.

Last week, she sent out a "save the date" card for a wedding. We were all shocked, mostly because she wasn't dating anyone seriously at the time. It turns out that the wedding isn't for her, but for her two dogs. That's right, she's hosting a doggie wedding.

My mother has tried talking her out of it, but she won't budge. Given how wonderful she's been to all of us, we've all decided to be supportive. We're all going to dress up and go to the wedding. So my question to you is, what does one bring to a doggie wedding? Is there an appropriate gift?

- Confused, but Loves Aunt Mae

Maybe you should bring a doggy toy. If they want a doggy toy, I would suggest a new rattle for a baby. Maybe the doggies will have babies when they get married.

My mommy and daddy got married before they had kids. My aunt and uncle got married and I was the ring bearer. Then they had a baby - my cousin Ezzie. The same thing happened with Uncle Ted and Aunt Aimee.

Maybe you could bring a doggie cake with bones on it - sort of like doggy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment