Monday, October 10, 2011

An Apple a Day?

Dear Dr Sadie,

I am 54 years old, and my husband is 57. We've been married over 30 years. It's been a good life. We raised our kids, who are now independent, and we are now living in our paid-off home. We're nearing retirement and looking forward to our golden years together.

Over the last six months, my husband has developed symptoms of some health problems. He's becoming more forgetful, and he's tired all the time. I think he may be showing signs of a real problem, but he insists that he's just getting older and there's nothing to worry about. He won't go to the doctor, no matter what I do.

I am worried that he's jeopardizing our hard-earned future together in the name of his pride. What can I do?

-Worried in Walla Walla

You should get a helper to bring him to the doctor. Maybe my friend Stella can help you to the doctor. She lives down the road. Maybe your Mama could help. Mama makes everything better. Maybe your son could help. Where does he live?

Was your husband an itty bitty baby once? Then you held him in your hand and you could take him to the doctor. Can you take him now?

I like going to the doctor. My doctor is very nice. Maybe your husband could go to my doctor.

(Singing): I like going to the doctor. I like going to the doctor. I like going to the doctor. Because I have a broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment