Tuesday, October 11, 2011

How dare he?

Dear Dr. Sadie,

I'm 16, and a junior in high school. I get good grades, am responsible and never disobey my parents. It's my lifelong goal to get into an Ivy League college and become a doctor.

Recently, my father quit his high-paying job to become an artist and "find himself." He spends all day in his "studio," painting mediocre landscapes and "getting in touch with his muse."

We've had to seriously adjust our family lifestyle to accommodate him. I don't mind for the most part, but I am starting to doubt whether or not I'll make it to the Ivy League.

What should I do?

- The Crimson is Calling

Should you save a hundred dollars of money? Maybe you could try going to a different college - one that doesn't cost as much.

When you go to college, you can study lots of things. You can learn to take turns and share and sing songs and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment