Monday, April 8, 2013

Postdoctoral Ennui

Dear Dr. Sadie,

Last fall I finished my dissertation. It was on the social habits of Monarch butterlies. I really loved my studies, but now that I'm done, I can't imagine entering the world of academia. What should I do with my life?

- Butterfly McKing

Maybe you should get a jar and fill the jar up with butterflies. Then you can bring your jar to the computer and figure out more about butterflies. You could study babies - like how babies are born. You could study that. I always wanted to study that. It's really, really good - because then you know how to be a doctor, and then you get more money to buy good toys.

You could be someone who steers a train. It's a little bit fun. Or you could be a baker. It's really fun. You get to bake delicious foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment