Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Can't the hills take a nap?

Dear Dr. Sadie,

I have a wonderful son, who is 8 years old. This year he gets to select the instrument he wants to play in the school band. Unfortunately he wants to play the drums. I am fine with listening to years of ear-splitting practice sessions and mediocre concerts as he improves, but this I cannot do, even in the name of love.

He's an early riser, and I'm certain that I will get no sleep in the years to come as he practices his newfound hobby. What can I do to encourage his musical enthusiasm and keep my sanity?

A Music Lover, Really

You should let him play the drums. When he's playing the drums, you should get out of there. Or, if you like, you can have him play the drums outside. It's more better if he plays the drums outside.

That's not fair, I don't think your son should play the drums inside. It's too noisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment