Friday, May 31, 2013

Who's the father? (another take)

Dear Dr. Sadie,

I am a single, successful woman in my mid-30s. I have not been lucky in love. I was engaged once, but I found out that he wasn't a very good person, thankfully before we said our "I dos." I've had a string of boyfriends, but none has been a "keeper."

I really want to be a mother, and I have a support network around me so that I can do this on my own. The problem is finding a father. I have a wonderful best friend, who is married to a wonderful woman. They have 4 kids of their own, and I think he'd be a great donor. I'm afraid of asking him, for fear of what it might do to their marriage and our relationship. I could also call a donor bank, but that seems so impersonal and like a big risk.

What do you think I should do?

- Mother to Be (I Hope)

You should marry another woman. Then you could both have babies at the same time. Then the babies could play together and they wouldn't be lonely. If you two women are together, I'm sure you'd have lots of babies. The kids would all play together and be very happy. You might have two babies, or three, or four or FIVE!! This way you wouldn't need to have a father, the babies would have two mommies. That sounds nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment