Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Laugh, twirl and love, or toil in the muck

Dear Dr. Sadie,

I am 14 years old. All I ever wanted to do was dance, but my father wants me to take over the family business (he's a plumber). I have the opportunity to participate in a prestigious ballet program on the weekends, but my father says that weekends are when we should be working together and I should be learning the ropes of the business.

I feel like I'm letting him down by not wanting to go into his business, but dancing is my one and only love.

Signed,
Isadora

Do you have a kitty cat or a dog? What do they want you to be?

You should look for some kids to dance with. If you can't find any, you could buy some at the store. You should bring them home and show them to your Daddy. Then you could all dance together.

You should sing to your Daddy. Then you should go across the street and be a ballerina all the time.

You should be a ballerina. That's what you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment