Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Complicated Life


Dear Dr. Sadie,

My life is very complicated. I am from a small island, but I moved to a larger part of the country for work. Recently, I met a man while away from home. I was interested to get to know him better and spend some time with him, even though we don't live in the same city. I really like him, and I was prepared to deal with the long distance, but, during a trip back home, I realized that I don't know any couples who are still doing well. They are all fighting and cheating on each other. 

I broke up with my last boyfriend because he was always lying to me. The breakup really broke my heart. This realization is making me sad about the possibilities of a new relationship working out. I really like this guy, but I am scared. I don't want to give my heart to someone, only to have it broken again.

What do you think, Dr. Sadie?

- An Island Woman

I think that you should move back to the island and meet a boyfriend there. Then you will be able to have a good boyfriend instead of a bad one. The good boyfriend wouldn't cheat on you or lie to you or do anything like that.

If it would make you feel better, I will bake you a cookie - chocolate chip of course. Would you like that?

If you move back to the island, you shouldn't work anymore. You should go to school to study something. School is much better than work. What do you want to learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment