Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Dear Dr. Sadie,

I am 12 years old, and I am about to go into middle school. I have a lot of friends in my school, and we're looking forward to going to the middle school together. 

Yesterday, my parents told me that they have enrolled me in a different middle school in another town. I don't know anyone there, and I don't want to go. What should I do?

- No Choices

When you're all grown up, you can take your kids to the middle school you like. I think right now you can sneak back to the school you like, or, maybe you can do home schooling.

You can say "Mommy and Daddy, can I PLEASE go to the other school." Then they would say "Well, honey. Maybe." This means that maybe you can go to the school, but maybe not.

If you do go to the new school, you should introduce yourself to the new kids, and they should introduce themselves to you, and then you'll be friends. Then you can play with friends. That's what you do in school - play all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment