Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Old Friends

Dear Dr. Sadie,

I recently packed up all my stuff and moved far away to volunteer in a poor community. I'm too far away to visit all the people I love and I'm missing them very much. But I also love working here, the new people I'm with, the rural area in the mountains, and the lifestyle. It's likely that I'll be staying here for a long time because I'm very happy but I'm sad that I won't be able to see everyone I love. Dr. Sadie, how can I continue searching for happiness in new places when I have to leave my friends and family behind?


-Traveling without you


You could write a letter to your friends and family. You could say, "I want to visit you. I will come up as soon as I'm finished with this work." And you could say, "hello." Then you could draw a picture of yourself and send it to your friends and family.

You could move to a different house nearer to your friends and family. They would like that.

You could make cardboard mobiles and then pass them out. These would be cardboard bears. You could send them to the people that you love.

If you're homesick, you could visit people. That sounds nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment