Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Stinky Mother-in-Law

Dear Dr. Sadie,

I am blessed with a wonderful, understanding and caring mother-in-law. She accepted me from the minute I got together with her son, and we've been close ever since. She's actually nicer than my own mother.

My problem is that she wears perfume - lots of perfume. I think she must bathe in it. Every time I see her, I have to take a shower right after, and I wash my clothes immediately. I generally have a headache for several hours afterwards, as well.

Under normal circumstances, it's fine (a small price to pay), but she's coming to stay with us for a month. How do I get her to stop wearing perfume or at least tone it down a little?

- The Sniffer

You should say, "would you please get off that thing?" Then she might say, "can I wear it a little bit longer?" Then you can say, "you can wear it when you get home." I think that would work.


No comments:

Post a Comment